Friday, April 15, 2011

Is TV bad?

Is TV Bad?
If we could unplug all the televisions in the world I think that our children would be better off. I feel that kids don’t understand what “go outside and play,” means. I know that my niece is six years old and watches TV and learned how to speak Spanish because of Dora the Explorer. I know there is some TV shows out there that are good and educational, but the good is out down by the bad. There is a lot of stupid TV shows out there that kids shouldn’t watch. The sad thing is its TV channels that are for just kids. I think that kids would be healthier if it wasn’t for TV. I know that when I watch TV or movies I love to eat junk food and drink a lot of pop. It is really bad for you and I know that, but it’s not like I am outside where everyone can see me. I am inside and alone in a comfortable environment. I know that I was very independent as a child, but I see kids today and they think that watching TV and staying inside, eating junk food, and not caring about anything is the only way to be independent. I think that kids would be better off without TV; they would be independent and have to learn things about nature. I don’t think that kids respect any better either, because they learn to be just like the TV actors. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the stupid shows that are on television these days. It's kind of sad when you really think about it. Good insights.

    ReplyDelete