Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why I chose Wright State!

            Why I chose Wright State University. This question can be answered in many different ways for me. The main reason why I chose WSU was for the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC). I was in JROTC for four years in high school. I love the military with all my heart. I wanted to be able to defend my country. The only problem was picking a good college with a good program. In the end I did chose WSU.
            The other reason for WSU is because I wanted a good criminal justice program. I looked into other colleges around me, but WSU seemed like it had the best of the best. I had planned on going to Ohio Christian University, but I felt like it was too far away from home. Then I compared their college to WSU and I felt like WSU was better in size, instructors, and classroom. I have always wanted a college with a lot of people. I love meeting new people everyday and here at WSU I can do that.
            Wright State has made me feel more independent then what I think other colleges would have made me feel. The only thing that I hate about WSU is some of the teachers here don’t really care about you. In some ways we are just dollar signs to some and students to others. I do plan on staying at Wright State for four more years. I feel like I have a lot to learn and WSU is where I need to be.  

4 comments:

  1. You seem to have it all together. I'm sorry you have not had the best experience with some teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you would be willing to defend our country.
    I've heard that same comment about the teachers from other people in different classes. Unforunately, I think that happens no matter where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Stephanie, I'm sorry that you have not had the best experience with some of your instructors. But don't let that deter you from your goal of accomplishing your degree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think that because they don't have a uniform with your name on it, that the Air Force doesn't have a place for you. It seemed to me while I was there about 10 percent of the people I encountered and worked with were civilian contractors. That's just a bump in the road that gives the story of your life a little more character.

    ReplyDelete